KOFTA or KAFTA RECIPE
Prep: 20 min; Cook: 20 min; Total Time: 40 min
Yield: Serves 6
This mixture is great on skewers over charcoal, as patties, or as the Lebanese dish Kofta bi sanniyeh, baked in the oven with potatoes and tomatoes.INGREDIENTS:
- 2 1/2 lbs finely ground lamb or beef
- 2 cups tighly packed washed and picked parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves or 1 TBS dry mint leaves
- 1 large onion, cut up for food processor
- 1 tsp bhar helou or 1/4 each ground cinammon, cloves, nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- IN a food processor, chop onion extremely fine. Add parsely and mint and until you have a fine - not liquified - homogeneous mixture.
- PUT the meat in a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and spices to meat, combine and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- PLACE bowl in fridge covered with plastic wrap. Helps flavors of the mixture blend.
- FOR SKEWERS:SOAK wooden skewers (usually found at your local supermarket) in water for a couple of hours or more.
- SHAPE egg-sized balls of kofta and work evenly onto skewers. Grill over medium charcoal fire until light brown.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved