CHICKEN KEBAB RECIPE
Prep: 40 min; Cook: 15 min; Total Time: 55 min
Yield: Serves 4 - 6
Simple and a treat. Several hours of marinating (in the refrigerator) is the secret to the special taste of this dish.INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb good quality chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2 TBS best quality olive oil
- 3 TBS lemon juice
- IN non-reactive container combine the cubed chicken, garlic, salt, cinnamon, black pepper, allspice, oil and lemon juice, mix well, cover (you can use saran wrap) and marinate for 3-6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- THIRTY minutes before grilling remove from refrigerator, allowing it to reach room temperature.
- THREAD onto skewers (if using wood or bamboo, soak, weighted so water covers, for about 1/2 hour, first).
- GRILL over medium charcoal fire, basting and turning several times, until delicately browned.
- YOU can also grill in the oven: pre-heat the grill. Place chicken on skewers over an oven sheet and cook until browned (6-8 minutes), turning skewers and basting occasionally with the marinade to keep moist.
- SKEWERS can be served in pita (arabic) bread and 'unthreaded' at the table. Goes well with hummus, baba ganouj and other oriental salads.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved