TUSCAN BISCOTTI RECIPE WITH SLIVERED ALMONDS OR CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Preparation - Easy
These will put you right back into that little piazza!INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground anise seed (I leave these whole and add the cardamom)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (unsalted) or you can use 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- PREHEAT the oven to 350 degrees F.
- LINE a heavy large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- COMBINE the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- IN a separate bowl large enough to combine all ingredients, beat the sugar and butter together until well blended using electric mixer or manually.
- BEAT in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Add the ground anise seed and mix well.
- STIR in the slivered almonds or chocolate chips.
- SHAPE the dough into a 'log' shape 16-inch-long, 3-inch-wide. Transfer the log to the prepared baking sheet. Bake until light golden, about 30 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
- PLACE the log on the cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the cookies cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies until pale golden, about 15 - 20 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack and cool completely.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved