Prep: 15 min; Total Time: 15 min
Quick & Easy
Yield: Serves 4 - 6
I lay out all the ingredients for Samantha, our five-year old grand daughter and she prepares the hummus, tasting all the while till desired taste and consistency is achieved.INGREDIENTS:
- Small can (14 1/2 oz) hummus ("chickpeas";"garbanzo beans"; "ceci beans")
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 cups lemon juice, more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1 clove garlic - more to taste
- 1 - 2 TBSP reserved liquid
- 1/4 tsp cummin (Egyptian style, optional)
- 2 TBSP chopped parsley (garnish)
- DRAIN hummus, reserving liquid.
- PEEL and chop garlic.
- PUT hummus, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt in food processor, process to thick paste.
- TASTE. From here on, your tastebuds dictate the ingredients. Add tahini, salt, lemon juice until mixture suits your taste. Slowly add (tsp) reserved liquid if too dry.
- GARNISH with parsley (optional) and serve with pita or arabic bread, or crackers.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved