TOASTED BREAD WITH GARLIC AND OLIVE OIL
Tuscany - Umbria - Piedmont
Preparation - Easy
Serves 4 - 6
Traditional bruschetta is made by dribbling olive oil onto the toasted bread, whereas fettunta is made by dipping the slice of toasted bread into a big container of oil completely.
Our ciabatta bread works well for bruschetta or crostini.INGREDIENTS:
- Italian or French bread - a day or so old seems to work better
- several cloves of garlic, peeled
- Olive oil - the best Italian olive oil you can find
- salt to taste
- Cut the bread about 1/2" - 3/4" thick and toast it - ideally over a low charcoal fire.
- When the pieces of 'toast' are crunchy on both sides but still soft inside, rub them with the raw garlic.
- Sprinkle with as much of the olive oil as your conscience will allow.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Eat hot!
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved