LINGUINE WITH CLAMS
Preparation - Medium
An American favorite.INGREDIENTS:
- 2 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 6 oz cans minced clams, drained - or a dozen fresh clams, shelled and minced
- 1/4 t oregano
- 2 T (or more, to taste) finely chopped parsley
- 1 lb. linguine
- 5 qts salted water (1 - 2 T coarse salt)
- MELT butter in saucepan. Add oil.
- WHEN hot, saute garlic and clams in hot oil mixture over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- STIR in parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- SIMMER 5-10 minutes.
- BRING salted pasta water to boil and cook linguine until al dente or to taste (usually 8 - 10 minutes).
- DRAIN well. Pour pasta into saucepan with sauce, mix well.
- IN Italy, this dish is not normally served with Parmesan cheese - but suite yourself!
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved