LEMON ZEST CREAMY PASTA SAUCE RECIPE
Prep & Cook: 15 min.
Preparation - Easy
Quick and easy lemon zest and cream pasta sauce - no special ingredients, make it in the time it takes to cook your pasta!INGREDIENTS:
- 12 ounces vermicelli, thin or regular spaghetti, penne, farfalle, etc.
- 6 - 8 TBSP lemon juice (2 large lemons)
- 1/4 cup butter
- Scant 1 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP grated lemon zest (optional, more or less to taste)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- COOK the pasta in salted boiling water according to the instructions on the package.
- MEANWHILE, pour the lemon juice into a medium saucepan. Add the butter and cream, (optional) lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste.
- BRING to a low boil, then lower tne heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tne cream reduces slightly.
- DRAIN the pasta and return it to the pasta pot. Add the grated Parmesan, then taste the sauce for seasoning and pour it over the pasta. Toss quickly over medium heat until the pasta in evenly coated with the sauce, then divide among four warmed bowls and serve immediatey.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved