OVEN ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
Preparation - Easy
Takes time, but unexpectedly delicious!INGREDIENTS:
- 12 very small whole white turnips (also know as Japanese turnips)
- 8 small beets, cut in halves or quarters if not small enough
- 12 tender young carrots, orange and/or red
- 14 tiny potatoes, fingerlings or other about a 1lb
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ARRANGE rack in center (middle) of oven.
- TURN oven on to 450 degrees.
- CLEAN all vegetables thoroughly, cut off stems or leaves leaving about 1 1/2 inches of stem attached. (you can do this well ahead of time allowing vegetables to dry).
- DO NOT peel.
- PLACE 2 TBS olive oil in roasting pan.
- PLACE roasting pan in oven till oil hot.
- REMOVE carefully to heating pad and add vegetables.
- SPRINKLE with a tsp of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- SHAKE pan well to coat vegetable with the hot oil.
- PLACE on rack in hot oven.
- ROAST for 20 minutes or so.
- REMOVE to work surface.
- ADD 1 TBS or more olive oil.
- SHAKE again.
- RETURN to oven.
- COOK a further 15 minutes or until vegetable is tender, test with a fork.
- REMOVE and serve.
When ready to serve I first placed the roasting pan on burner on top of stove for a few minutes shaking to get hot.
Then into hot oven for five minutes to reheat.
Cookbook we like:
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved