Maple and Tangerine Glazed Carrots
Preparation - Easy
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/4 cups fresh TANGERINE JUICE
- 3 T pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 T grated Tangerine Peel
- 2 lbs carrots cut diagonally in 1 inch pieces
- Juice of 1 tangerine
- 1 TB fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Pepper, couple of turns of the grinder.
- PLACE first five ingredients in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- BRING to a boil.
- REDUCE heat to medium and simmer till sauce thickens enough to cover a spoon thickly and sauce is reduced to about 2/3 of a cup, whisk occasionally using a wire or preferably a wooden whisk, 8-10 minutes.
- STEAM carrots until just tender, about 7 minutes (this can be done while sauce reduces).
- ADD carrots and cayenne pepper to sauce.
- CAN be prepared to this point one day ahead, refrigerate in a tightly sealed container.
- REMOVE a few hours before serving from fridge.
- SIMMER carrots in sauce over medium heat until heated through and carrots are covered with a thick glaze.
- STIR occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- SEASON with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- POUR fresh tangerine juice from 1 tangerine over carrots.
- TRANSFER to a warm serving bowl or platter.
- SPRINKLE with the parsley.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved