SARDINIAN SOUP WITH BROTH, EGG, CHEESE AND BREAD
Cook: 45 minutes
- 8 cups clear stock
- 2 eggs
- 5 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese, diced
- 4 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 12 slices fried bread
- Freshly ground black pepper
- THE stock for this soup is made from mixed chicken, beef and veal.
- BRING the stock to the boil. Beat the eggs with the Parmesan and a sprinkling of freshly ground pepper. As soon as the stock comes to the boil, pour in the egg-mixture and let it cook for a minute or so until set. Add the Mozzarella and parsley.
- PUT 2 slices of hot fried bread into each soup bowl and ladle the hot soup over the top.
From: Italian Regional Cooking (R)
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved