Soup with egg, breadcrumbs and cheese
Preparatio: Medium; Prep: 20 - Cook: 20 min (excluding broth)
The broth adds a lot to this recipe, if you can't make the 'brodo classico' use the best you can find.INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 quarts brodo classico (classic broth) OR beef broth OR chicken broth, OR combined.
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup unflavored breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons beef marrow or 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the broth to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs, egg yolk, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, softened butter or beef marrow, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper thoroughly into a paste. Put the paste into a potato ricer, hold it over the bubbling broth and push paste through so that it falls into the broth in the form of 2-inch long pieces the size of large spaghetti.
NOTE: If you do not have a potato ricer (and I don't), spread the paste thickly on a wooden paddle, and segment with the back of a chef's knive (like spaetzle).
- Reduce heat until broth is only simmering and cook for 2 minutes. Serve immediately with a bowl of the remaining cup of Parmesan cheese.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved