PUTTANESCA SAUCE RECIPE
WITH ANCHOVIES, OLIVES AND CAPERS
Naples - Campania
Preparation - Medium
Prep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Total time: 25 min
Yield: 4 servings
Naples favorite, easy, full of flavors, satisfying.INGREDIENTS:
- 2 small (14 - 16 oz) or 1 large (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, halved
- 4 or 5 anchovy filets, chopped
- 3 T olive oil
- 10 - 12 black olives, stoned and coarsley chopped
- 2 TBSP capers, soaked and drained
- 2 TBSP Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 small red chili, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti or spaghettini
- SET the pasta water to boil. SET aside some of the olives, parsley and capers as a garnish.
- IN a deep pan lightly brown the garlic in hot oil. Add anchovies, crush to a paste with a fork.
- ADD the tomatoes, olives, capers and the chili, cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- ADD parsley and cook for a couple minutes more.
- COOK the pasta. Drain well.
- IN the pan, or in a warm serving bowl, put the cooked and drained pasta, add the sauce, and mix thoroughly. Some like to add a sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley at this point.
- Cheese is not usually served with this dish.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved