GORGONZOLA SAUCE FOR PASTA RECIPE
Prep: 10 min - Cook: 15 min - Total: 25 min
Preparation - Easy
Yield: Serves 4
This blue-veined cheese made of cow's milk with a strong flavor produced in Northern Italy. It melts quickly and works well in sauces whether for vegetables or pasta, as in this recipe.INGREDIENTS:
- 8 oz Gorgonzola cheese, broken up with a fork
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1/4-cup heavy cream
- 1/2-cup milk
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- nutmeg, a pinch
- sage, fresh-2 or 3 leaves (optional)
- 1 lb spaghetti or spaghettini, penne or fettuccine
- COOK the pasta.
- MEANWHILE, melt the butter in a large saucepan (a double boiler can be used but it will take longer) over very low heat.
- ADD the Gorgonzola, crushing it further with a fork.
- ADD the heavy cream, milk, nutmeg and sage stirring continuously with a wooden spoon till smooth and velvety in consistency.
- REMOVE sage if used. Season with salt and pepper.
- REMOVE from heat but keep warm.
- DRAIN pasta.
- IF saucepan is large enough to accommodate the pasta, add pasta to Gorgonzola mixture, otherwise place pasta in a warm bowl.
- POUR sauce onto pasta and mix very well adding a little more white pepper.
- SERVE immediately on preheated dishes.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved