CLAM SAUCE WITH CANNED, CHOPPED CLAMS
Preparation - Easy
A surprisingly tasty sauce. Have a few cans of chopped clams in the larder and you will always have a meal in an emergency or a quick supper.
- 2-6.5 oz cans chopped clams
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 3 or 4 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, quartered or halved
- 1/2 hot red chili pepper or more to taste (or hot pepper flakes)
- 3/4 to 1 lb linguine
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a pan large enough to eventually also accommodate the pasta.
- Add garlic and brown lightly.
- Add hot pepper and parsley, and simmer for 2 minutes or so.
- Add clams along with 2/3 of the clam juice and simmer over medium-low heat for about 4 minutes until liquid has been reduce a by a 1/3 or so. (If you prefer a wetter sauce, reduce less.)
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
- Remove when al dente.Drain.
- Add to the pan with the sauce and toss well.
Great with a tomato salad.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved