Preparation: Easy, Q&E
ARTICHOKES WITH TOMATO SAUCE
Serves 4 as a main course
Quick and delicious meal - make sure you have all the ingredients to hand when you start.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced pitted kalamata (black) olives (optional)
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 cups hot cooked ziti (short tube-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1/3 cup (1 1/4 ounces) coarsley grated Asiago, Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb (or 1/4 package) or 1 ample cup farfalle, penne or pasta of choice per person - whole package for 4.
HEAT oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
ADD cherry tomatoes, olives, and artichokes; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
PLACE pasta in a large bowl. Add tomato mixture, basil, cheese, salt, and freshly ground pepper; toss well.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved