ARTICHOKE HEARTS IN CREAM BLUSH SAUCE
Prep: 10 min, Cook 15 min
Combines artichoke hearts in a blush sauce for a delicious and satisfying dish that is quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 lb (package) pasta of your choice; dish works well with fettucine, farfalle, or penne
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts in pieces, thoroughly defrosted, drained and dried off on paper towels
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP Italian tomato paste
- Small piece peperocini or 1/2 tsp pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 to 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or pecorino, with extra to pass at table
- Freshly ground black pepper
SET pasta water to boil.
HEAT butter in large skillet.
ADD onions and peperoncino, sauté over medium low heat till soft, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, about 10 minutes
ADD artichoke hearts, sauté five minutes more stirring frequently.
ADD tomato paste and stir.
COOK your pasta.
ADD half and half, bring to a simmer. Simmer lightly over low heat for 5 minutes.
ADD 1/2 tsp salt; couple of grinds of pepper; cheese.
SIMMER a further minute or two adding some pasta cooking water if needed. Taste for seasoning.
ADD pasta to sauce in skillet, toss well.
SERVE onto warmed plates.
PASS grated Parmesan at table.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved