QUICK & EASY VEAL PICCATA RECIPE
Quick, easy, delicious veal piccata recipeINGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound thinly sliced veal
- 2 TBSP butter or 1 TBSP olive oil plus 1 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper (white or black) to taste
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP capers, rinsed
- RINSE veal slices under cold running water, drain, put on paper towel. Pat dry.
- FLATTEN veal to desired thickness 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick, if not already thin.
- MIX flour, paprika, salt and pepper
- DREDGE veal in flour.
- HEAT butter and olive oil in sautée pan over medium-high heat. Add veal - do not crowd the pan. Sautée for about two minutes per side. REMOVE to a warm platter; you can place platter in warm oven.
- ADD lemon and wine to pan; DEGLAZE (Dissolve the remaining bits of food) the pan using a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape. This is the basis for your sauce.
- BRING to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, let sauce thicken.
- WHEN sauce is thickened, swirl in TBSP butter. Add capers.
- POUR pan juices over veal.
Serve with fresh or frozen peas and polenta or mashed potatoes.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved