LAMB HUNTER STYLE WITH GARLIC, VINEGAR AND ANCHOVIES
Rome - Lazio
Preparation - Easy
Prep: 10 - Cook: 1:45
Serves 4 - 6
- 2 TBSP pure lard or olive oil
- Sprig of fresh rosemary or 1 t dried rosemary
- 2 lb or more leg or shoulder of lamb, boned and cut into 1 1/2 - 2 inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 salted anchovies, boned, washed and dried or 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp flour
- Heat the lard or oil with the rosemary and, when hot, brown the meat on all sides.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper and sauté for a further minute.
- Add the vinegar and boil briskly for about 30 seconds. Add the water.
- Cook, covered, over very low heat, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Chop and put anchovies in a small frying pan with a grinding of pepper and the oregano.
- Spoon over them 3 TBSP of the liquid from the lamb and add the flour. Stir over a low heat until the sauce thickens and the flour is cooked.
- Mix the sauce into the pan with the lamb.
- Cook for a further minute and serve.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved