BEER CAN CHICKEN RECIPE
BEER CAN CHICKEN RECIPE - CHARCOAL GRILLBEER CAN CHICKEN RECIPE - FOR GAS GRILLS
BEER CAN CHICKEN RECIPE - IN THE OVEN
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 2 hour
Total time: 2 hours 15 min
If starting with frozen chicken, defrost for 3 days in refrigerator.INGREDIENTS:
- 3 - 4 pound whole chicken - kosher or free range is best
- 6 TBSP Memphis rub or spice mix
- 1 12-14 oz can beer
- START your grill. Use about 25 brickets or enough bulk charcoal for to up to 1 1/2 hours, or be prepared to add after an hour - pile the charcoal to one side of the grill, wait until it is covered with white ash - we found that keeping the top vent open and the bottom vent 1/2 open on a Weber was about right.
- REMOVE any innards or other items from inside of the chicken.
- RINSE the chicken inside and out in cold, running water.
- OPTIONAL: seal neck of chicken with skewer (shown) for gravy, seal neck, for moister chicken, leave open.
- RUB the chicken, inside and out with Memphis rub or your choice of spices.
- OPEN a standard can (14 oz) of your favorite beer, punch a few extra holes, and quaff off about 1/4 of the beer.
- ADD 2 TBSP rub or spice to beer can.
- PLACE beer can on ovenproof pan or dish (this allows the chicken to cook indirectly and catches the juices if you want to make gravy.
- ARRANGE chicken on beer can, allow the two legs to form two sides of tripod so chicken is stable (picture).
- WHEN charcoal is covered in white ash, place chicken in grill and close.
- BEST when chicken cooks 1 1/2 hours - check visually after about 1/2 hour and rotate the chicken in a half circle to cook evenly, should brown slowly and evenly.
- RECOMMENDED cooking times (350 degrees):
|2 1/2 - 3 lbs: 1 - 1 3/4 hrs|
|3 1/2 - 4 lbs: 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hrs|
|4 1/2 - 5 lbs: 1 1/2 - 2 hrs|
|5 - 6 lbs: 1 3/4 - 2 1/2 hrs|
WHEN chicken is ready, using tongs and oven glove if necessary to separate chicken and beer can, carefully remove to separate platter. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
REMOVE ovenproof pan or dish, and pour in any remaining beer, stirring, if make a sauce.
CUT up chicken and serve. Serve gravy in separate dish.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved