MUSHROOM, GREEN OLIVES AND CREAM SAUCE
Preparation - Easy; Prep: 10 - Cook: 15
You need strong flavored green olives for this recipe; however, you can also use black olives such as Gaeta or other oil-cured olives if you prefer. Looks more complicated than it is. Once olives have been pitted the work is nearly done. Buy the mushrooms sliced if you want to cut preparation time. Put the water on to boil and by the time the pasta is cooked the sauce is ready and waiting.INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb mushrooms, cleaned of any grit and thinly sliced or pre-sliced
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup green or black olives, pitted
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 3 T fresh parsley (thick stems removed)
- 1/2 inch peperoncino or 1/4 t chili pepper flakes (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- PUT the pasta water on to boil.
- HEAT olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- RAISE heat, add mushrooms, peperoncino and garlic, stirring occasionally till lightly browned and soft; about 5 minutes.
- COOK pasta.
- PLACE olives, mushrooms, parsley, and garlic in a food processor.
- CHOP to a rough consistency.
- HEAT cream in microwave.
- RETURN mixture from blender along with cream and cheese to pan and heat through over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- ADD 2 or 3 tablespoons of pasta water to make sauce a little more fluid.
- DRAIN pasta and add to mushroom mixture in pan.
- TOSS well and serve on warm plates.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved