PASTA WITH CHICKEN AND GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
Total time: 20 minutes starting with already cooked chicken.
Great pasta dish with with grilled or barbecued chicken.INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 cups grilled or barbecued chicken, cut in morsels
- 3 tablespoons butter, olive oil or mixture of the two
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 to 3 fresh cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 t oregano or thyme, fresh or dried (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (if you want a garnish)
- 3/4 pound pasta (angel hair works well)
- THIS dish is best with a 'pan finish' - cooked and drained pasta is added to other ingredients for final blending.
- PUT the pasta water on to boil.
- SAUTÉ the garlic in the butter on low heat until it just begins to turn color (light gold).
- ADD the chicken morsels and the (optional) oregano.
- ADD the lemon juice and white wine and allow to simmer so the sauce reduces slightly and the chicken absorbs the flavor.
- COOK the pasta.
- DRAIN the cooked pasta well, reserving some of the cooking water to moisten the pasta if some people like the sauce more 'liquid'.
- ADD the drained pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- SERVE on heated plates, garnishing with the parsley.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved