Pasta con asparagi in rosso
ASPARAGUS PASTA SAUCE WITH TOMATOES
Preparation - Easy
Can be made with wild or domestic asparagus.
- 1 lb asparagus, tips and tender stalks, washed and broken into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 T olive oil or butter
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves chopped, or 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/4 red chili pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 pound fresh, peeled tomatoes, or 1 1/2 14.5 oz can
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb tagliatelle, spaghetti, spaghettini, fettucine
- BRING a large pot of salted water to boiling, add the pasta.
- HEAT the oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the garlic until golden.
- ADD the asparagus - continue to é until asparagus is slightly soft but not mushy.
- ADD tomatoes and cook on higher heat until reduced (thickened) to preferred consistency - about 10 minutes.
- WHEN the pasta is done (8-12 minutes for 'al dente'), drain and turn out into preheated serving dish.
- POUR on the sauce, mix, and serve.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved