SAUTÉED MUSHROOMS WITH PARSLEY AND GARLIC
Preparation - Easy
Trifolato: A method of cooking vegetables, particularly mushrooms, zucchini, eggplants and Jerusalem artichokes. The sliced vegetables are sautéed in olive oil, garlic and parsley; these are the basic elements, to which anchovies, capers and wine may be added. In Liguria this method of cooking is called al funghetto. Oddly enough, only one meat dish shares the name and has a similar method of cooking: rognoni - kidneys - trifolati.
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lab firm white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T fresh parsley, shopped
- SAUTÉ the garlic and mushrooms in the oil over high heat until they have absorbed the oil.
- REDUCE the heat, add the seasonings and mix well.
- WHEN the juice has come out of the mushrooms, turn the heat up and cook for four to five minutes, stirring frequently.
- SPRINKLE with parsley, stir again and serve.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved