DELICIOUS TOFU WITH SESAME AND UDON RECIPE.
Sautéed or baked tofu and a marinade of mixed ingredients make an easy to prepare and special dish. Can be eaten cold.INGREDIENTS:
- 8 ounces udon noodles
- 2 TBSP seasoned rice or cider vinegar (more to taste)
- 1 1/2 to 2 TBSP low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBSP dark sesame oil, plus 1 tsp if sautéing ready-prepared tofu
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced (although I like to come across a thin slice or two.....)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced small or medium cucumber, optionally peeled
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup (1-inch) diagonally cut green onions
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional, nice enhancement
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package tofu (use available 'baked' tofu if desired)
- AT LEAST 30 minutes before serving, mix together in a small bowl the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, hot pepper and sliced scallions (you can also add these at last step, if preferred). Allow to stand.
- PREPARE the tofu (drained and sautéed or baked), if desired.
- IF you don't have tofu hot from pan or oven (previous step), sauté in 1 tsp sesame oil.
- COOK noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- ADD tofu to marinade.
- DRAIN noodles. Combine cooked noodles, spring onions, cucumber, carrots, and tofu in a large bowl. Pour marinade with rest of ingredients over noodles, toss well, serve.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved