CHICKEN IN WHITE SAUCE RECIPE
GREAT FOR LEFTOVERS
Prep: 10 min; Cook: 10; Total Time: 20 min (with cooked chicken)
Q & E; Leftovers
Yield: For 2
A way to use that leftover chicken.INGREDIENTS:
- 4 TBS butter
- 5 TBS flour
- 1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp pepper, preferably white
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups liquid, milk, or milk and water (hot)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken bits
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 Egg yolk
- MELT butter in saucepan until it starts bubbling.
- REDUCE heat immediately to low.
- ADD flour, a little at a time stirring with a whisk - keep stirring continuously during the following steps...
- KEEP stirring for 2 or 3 minutes more.
- RAISE heat to medium.
- ADD liquid a little at a time stirring.
- ADD salt, pepper and nutmeg (add more to taste).
- ADD lemon juice, taste and adjust.
- ONCE desired consistency is reached add chicken and keep on very low heat till heated through, stirring occasionally.
- JUST before serving, stir in the egg yolk.
- SERVE over white rice.
*Great with green, mixed or tomato salad.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved