Preparation - Easy but takes a little time
CHICKEN ALA KING RECIPE
Time: Prep:20min; Cook:40 min; Total: 60 min
Chicken ala King is an old standby but still easy to make and a tasty and satisfying change.
- 4 TB Butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, about 1/2 medium onion
- 6 oz fresh mushroom, cleaned & sautecute;ed in butter or canned
- 1/3 cup drained and diced pimiento
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (or 2 cups left-over chicken) or microwave or braise chicken in a 1/4 cup water and a splash of white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 of tsp ground white pepper 3 or 4 turns of pepper mill
- 1 1/2 cups 2 percent milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- HEAT 4 TB butter in a non-stick pan.
- SAUTÉE onions & mushrooms till onions are transparent over medium heat (about 8 minutes).
- ADD Flour, salt and nutmeg stirring till mixture is smooth.
- GRADUALLY add the milk and the Worcestershire stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, finishing with the Half and Half.
- KEEP stirring till mixture thickens to a creamy texture, 5 - 8 minutes.
- ADD the chicken and the pimiento.
- STIR till heated through.
- ADJUST for seasoning.
Serve with a fresh tomato salad; addition of fresh arugula is delicious.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved