HOW TO BRINE A TURKEY
Prep Time: 30 min -
Soak: 24 hours -
Total time: 24 HOURS 30 MIN
Yield: 1 Turkey Preparation - Easy
Start 3 days ahead for this flavor enhancing technique - and use the best turkey you can find.INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup coarse or kosher salt per gallon
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped or 1 tablespoon dry thyme
- 2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 gallon or more water
- 12 - 14 pound turkey
- IN a large stock pot put 1 gallon of water, sugar, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- BRING to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- STRAIN and chill.
- PLACE the turkey in a deep pot or roasting pan large enough to cover most or all of the turkey with the brine.
- COVER pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- TURN turkey in the brine every eight hours for 24 to 36 hours if turkey is not completely covered with brine.
- TAKE TURKEY OUT OF FRIDGE AND BRINING SOLUTION, RINSE AND ALLOW TO STAND FIVE HOURS AT ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE YOU WANT TO START ROASTING.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved