Easy and Delicious Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Preparation - Easy
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes
Quick, easy, delicious shrimp scampi recipe.INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 or 4 big cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds raw shrimp, in the 20 to 30 per pound range, peeled, rinsed, and dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 TBSP minced fresh Italian or broadleaf parsley
- 1 - 2 TBSP lemon juice or dry sherry or white wine vinegar or white wine
- IN skillet, gently warm the olive oil over low heat. There should be enough olive oil to cover the bottom of pan; don't skimp. Put the garlic in the oil and cook a few minutes, still over low heat, until it turns golden.
- RAISE the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp. When the shrimp turns pink on one side, turn over and add 2 TBSP minced fresh parsley leaves.
- RAISE the heat slightly and cook until the shrimp are done, about 2 minutes more. Stir in 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, dry sherry; vinegar, or white wine if you like and cook additional 30 seconds, garnish with the rest of the parsley, serve.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved