Preparation - Medium
- 1 1/3 cups almonds, peeled and toasted
- 3/4 cup granulated (caster) sugar
- 1 1/3 cups confectioner's sugar
- pinch of vanilla powder
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 25 rounds, rice paper
- Pound or grind the almonds to a powder
- Add the granulated sugar, and half the confectioner's sugar
- Add the vanilla, and fold in the egg whites, a little at a time, until you have a smooth but not too runny mixture.
- Put a little of the mixture on each round of rice paper.
- Shape into diamonds and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Leave overnight.
- Bake in a slow oven (325 degrees F) for about 20 minutes, eonugh to dry the macaroons to your taste - remove them before they brown. Let cool and dust with sifted sugar.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved