SARDINIAN HARD-BOILED EGGS
Uova alla Sarda
Hard boiled eggs with a difference!
Large Saucepan, small saucepan, ovenproof dish or casserole.
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tsp wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 TBS soft breadcrumbs
From: Italian Regional Cooking (R)
- COOK room-temperature eggs in boiling water for 8 minutes. Cool them under cold running water, then shell them carefully and slice them in half lengthwise.
- PUT the oil, vinegar and salt to taste in a frying pan; add the eggs and cook over a low heat until the vinegar has evaporated, turning them carelully from time to time. Transfer them to a heated shallow serving dish, cut sides uppermost, and keep warm in a low oven.
- ADD the garlic and parsley to the oil remaming in the pan, and cook over a low heat for a few minutes, stirring. Then stir in the breadcrumbs, and when they are a golden color, spread the mixture over the eggs. Serve either at once, warm, or leave until cold.