CHICKEN TERIYAKI ON THE GRILL
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki
Prep (marinate): 1:15 - Easy
Cook: About 14 mins
Delicious for lunch or dinner; travels very well for plane or picnic and can be eaten like jerky. Grill, broil or sautée.
Non-reactive bowl for marinade, grill.
- 2 lbs chicken fillet, fresh or frozen & defrosted
- 3 TBSP teriyaki or light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- RINSE chicken under cold running water, pat dry.
- PLACE in bowl w/ other ingredients.
- MIX well, marinate for 1/2 - 1 hour.
- REMOVE chicken from marinade, brush lightly with olive oil or sesame seed oil.
- OIL grill, have charcoal or gas at medium heat.
- GRILL 4 minutes, turn, grill for 5, turn and grill for 4 more minutes.
- WHEN cooked to desired doneness, remove.
- SERVE: w/steamed spinach, baked or grilled tomatoes, potatoes or soba noodles, or with rice and stir fried vegetables.