BEAN & SAUSAGE SOUP RECIPE
Preparation easy, takes time.
Prep: 20; Cook: 1:15
Hearty delicious soup - add your favorite vegetables, serve with pasta like minestrone, etc.
Large sauté pan, covered saucepan.
- 3 TBS Olive Oil
- 2 or 3 cans black & pinto or cannelloni beans
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small chili pepper or 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes (more to taste)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 ripe tomatoes, or more to taste
- 1/2 cabbage, thinly sliced
- Packet Italian hot sausage, cut and browned
- Salt as needed
- HEAT olive oil in large sauce pan.
- ADD carrots, celery & onion.
- SAUTÉ over medium heat till tender.
- ADD beans, chicken broth & tomatoes.
- BRING to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- IN a separate pan, brown sausage and add.
- SIMMER for further 15 minutes.
- TIP: Add cabbage or any veggies you want (Brussels sprouts, green beans, etc.) in original soup or on re-heating.