MUSHROOM PASTA SAUCE
Taglierini con i funghi
Preparation - Easy; Prep: 10 - Cook: 20
This delicate dish can only be made with fresh mushrooms.
Frying pan, pasta pot, sieve.
- 1 T good olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 oz. fresh mushrooms
- Hot pepper or hot pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1 lb pasta (fresh if possible: tagliatelle, fettucine or spaghetti, bucatini, penne)
- Put 6 quarts of water to boil for the pasta.
- Clean and dry the mushrooms with a damp cloth. Slice them to the thickness of a wooden match.
- Sauté the garlic in the olive (from light gold to light brown, depending on your taste).
- Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt, cover, cook gently on low heat for about five minutes. Mushrooms should give off enough moisture for cooking. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta to taste, usually slightly 'al dente' - "to the tooth", or a bit chewy or resistant to your bite (not crunchy). Drain, pour into heated serving bowl.
- Add lemon juice, additional olive oil, if desired, and parsley to mushrooms, stir into drained pasta. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, scatter a pinch of parsley over the pasta, and serve.