Preparation - Medium
6 large, 10 small meatballs
These meatballs are very easy to make and go great in soup or spaghetti sauce, or as appetizers with a dipping sauce and toothpicks.
Mixing bowl, skillet or tray for oven.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground veal, pork or turkey
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (commercial, or grate your own from stale Italian bread)
- 1 egg
- 1 T parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- pinch of oregano or thyme (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- IN the mixing bowl, thoroughly mix all the ingredients (hands work well, here).
- SHAPE balls to desired size (cooking time will vary); cook before adding to sauce or soup. Roasted will have less fat, sauté more flavor.
- ROAST: Pre-heat oven to 375 deg. F. Place meatballs on baking sheet, bake until nicely browned shaking occasionally, 20 - 30 minutes. Should be 160 deg. F inside if you have a meat thermometer.
- SAUTÉ (medium heat - pan should be hot but oil should not burn): In TBSP of butter, olive or vegetable oil, shaking occasionally, until brown.