TRADITIONAL MEATLOAF RECIPE
Prep: 30; Cook: 60
A comforting classic!
Mixing bowl, skillet, meat loaf pan
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 TBSPS butter or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 1/2 lbs ground pork or Italian sausage (finely crumbled)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Note: to save prep time mix ALL ingredients in a large bowl.
Increase cooking time by 15 minutes, omit butter or vegetable oil.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 deg. F.
- GREASE a loaf pan or a glass-baking dish.
- HEAT butter or vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- ADD onion, celery and garlic, sauté over medium heat stirring often till soft about 10 minutes.
- PLACE the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- ADD sautéed vegetables and combine.
- PLACE in pan.
- BAKE for 45 minutes.
- REMOVE from oven.
- POUR off excess fat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a tossed green salad and a baked or mashed potato.