TURKEY MEATLOAF RECIPE
Prep: 20 min; Cook (saute and bake): 60 min; Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
Yield: Serves 6
Tasty and easy to prepare variation of meatloaf using ground turkey.
Skillet, meat loaf pan
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 2 TBSP butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms,thinly sliced (optional, nice change, canned OK, 1 small can)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 1/2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano or thyme
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Ketchup, optional
SERVE with a tossed green salad and mashed potatoes
- PREHEAT oven to 350 deg. F.
- LIGHTLY grease a pan or glass baking dish.
- IN a skillet heat butter or oil.
- ADD chopped onions and sliced mushrooms.
- SAUTÉ over medium low heat till soft, stirring occasionally about 10 min.
- MEANWHILE combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- FORM meat mixture into a 5X8 inch loaf and place into pan or on sheet.
- SPREAD ketchup over top of loaf.
- COVER lightly with tin foil.
- BAKE for 30 minutes.
- REDUCE oven to 325 deg. F. , UNCOVER and bake for a further 25 - 30 minutes.