TURKEY BREAST WITH PROSCIUTTO
AND MELTED CHEESE RECIPE
Prep: 10 min; Cook: 10 min; Total Time: 20 min
Yield: Serves 4 - 6
Quick & Easy
Quick and easy as well as tasty and satisfying.
Skillet large enough to hold the fillets (best if you can cook and serve all at once).
- 4 turkey breasts, trimmed and flattened
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 1 - 2 cups grated or 4 slices thinly-sliced cheese: groviera (Gruyere), or fontina, Emmentaler, Jarlsberg, Swiss, raclette
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional for de-glaze)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- MELT the butter in the skillet on low-medium heat. Add the turkey breasts, lightly brown both sides - about 2 minutes each.
- TURN again (so the hot side is up), lay on a piece of prosciutto and add the cheese.
- THE dish is ready when the cheese starts to melt down into the buttery pan - about 3 more minutes.
- SERVE, pouring remaing juices over turkey.