CHICKEN BREAST WITH SAGE
Petto di pollo con salvia
AND LEMON RECIPE
Preparation - Easy
Prep: 10 min -
Cook: 10 min -
Total: 20 min
Yield: Serves 2
Great for summer lunch!
Sauté pan; plastic wrap and mallet if you want to flatten instead of slicing in half)
- 1 whole chicken breast, sliced in two, or placed between plastic wrap and pounded to desired thickness
- Sage fresh, 6-8 leaves- whole - more to taste (you could also use dried oregano)
- 1 T butter
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1-2 T dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- SLICE chicken breast in half (or place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound flat with mallet or rolling pin) and pat dry with paper towel (will brown better), season with salt and pepper.
- HEAT in a medium sized skillet along with sage leaves, when butter is hot and begins to bubble, raise heat to medium high and add chicken breasts.
- BROWN on both sides, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to separate warm plate.
- ADD lemon juice to pan and scrape dripping from bottom of pan, add the wine or more lemon juice and a teaspoon of water and heat through, reducing (just below a simmer until liquid thickens) slightly.
- RETURN chicken to pan, heat through, 1 - 2 minutes.