CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE
Prep: 10 min -
Cook: 10 min -
Total: 20 min
Yield: Serves 4
Delicious quick and easy chicken piccata recipe.
Chef's knive; platter for dredging; sauté pan.
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts at room temperature sliced in half or 3 slices, or placed between sheets of plastic wrap and pounded to desired thickness
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Olive OIl
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 - 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 TBS lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper (white or black) to taste
- 1 TBS Butter (for sauce at finish)
- 3 TBS capers
- RINSE chicken breasts under cold running water, drain, put on paper towel. Pat dry.
- SLICE or pound the chicken breasts to desired thickness 1/8 - 1/4" thick. Unlike veal, chicken is better cut than pounded thin.
- MIX flour, paprika, salt and pepper
- DREDGE chicken in flour.
- HEAT butter and olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat; be careful not to burn the butter, if using it. Add chicken breasts - do not crowd the pan. Sauté for about two minutes per side. REMOVE to a warm platter; you can place platter in warm oven.
- ADD lemon and wine to pan; DEGLAZE (Dissolve the remaining bits of food) the pan using a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape. This is the basis for your sauce.
- BRING to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, let sauce thicken.
- WHEN sauce is thickened, swirl in butter. Add capers.
- POUR pan juices over chicken. Serve.