STEAMED FISH WITH GINGER AND SCALLIONS RECIPE
Preparation - Easy
Steamed fish with ginger, scallions, mushrooms and potatoes - light, filling, tasty.
Heavy saucepan or frying pan with tight-fitting cover, saucepan to parboil potatoes.
- 1 1/2 lb fish fillets such as cod, bass, etc.
- 8-10 scallions, washed, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6 potatoes, parboiled (8-10 minutes) peeled and in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 TBSP teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp roasted sesame oil (optional)
- salt, to taste
- hot pepper flakes, to taste
- PARBOIL and slice the potatoes.
- HEAT olive oil in a large heavy non-stick pan.
- ADD scallions and garlic.
- SAUTÉ for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- ADD in layers:
Mushrooms and ginger.
- COVER and steam for 5-8 minutes depending on thickness of fillet.
- TEST with a fork for doneness. When fish flakes or separates easily it is done.
NOTE: Prepping of vegetables can be done ahead of time.