DELICIOUS SHRIMP MORSELS WITH CUCUMBERS, SCALLIONS AND ASIAN NOODLES RECIPE.
Serves 2 - 4
Easy - Prep: :40 - Cook: 10, also depends on noodles
Delicious variation of shrimp with fresh scallions and cucumbers. Simple to prepare.
Pot to cook udon noodles, mixing bowl, bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, sauté pan or wok to warm or sauté shrimp - if large enough you can finish the dish in the wok.
- 8 ounces udon noodles
- 3 TBSP seasoned rice or cider vinegar (more to taste)
- 3 TBSP low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 TBSP dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic, more to taste
- 2 TBSP fresh ginger, minced (although I like to come across a thin slice or two.....)
- 1/3 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced small or medium cucumber, optionally peeled
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup (1-inch) diagonally cut green onions
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional, nice enhancement
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 pound shrimp, shelled and cleaned, cut into bite-sized morsels. You can use cooked or leftover shrimp, just heat, not sauté.
- AT LEAST 30 minutes before serving, mix together in a small bowl the vinegar, soy sauce, 1 TBSP sesame oil, garlic, ginger, hot pepper and sliced scallions (you can also add these at last step, if preferred) for marinade. Allow to stand.
- PREPARE sliced cucumbers and shredded carrots.
- COOK noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- IN 1 TBS sesame oil warm or sauté shrimp morsels.
- DRAIN noodles. Combine cooked noodles, spring onions, cucumber, carrots, and shrimp in large bowl. Pour marinade with rest of ingredients over noodles, mix well, serve. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
ALTERNATE: If using wok, add drained noodles to cooked shrimp, sliced cucumbers, shredded carrots. Add marinade, mix well and serve.