Prep:10, Cook:20, can be prepared ahead.
Preparation - Easy
- 2 26 oz jars PEACHES, halved or sliced
- 1 TBS white wine VINEGAR
- 1/4 tsp ALLSPICE
- 5 sticks CINNAMON
- 8 whole CLOVES
- 1 1/2 tsp ground GINGER
- Tiny pinch CAYENNE pepper
- DRAIN peaches, reserving juice.
- PLACE juice, and the rest of the ingredients in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- REDUCE heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- ADD peaches and simmer lightly for 5 minutes.
- PLACE in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate.
- TO serve place in a glass bowl, warm or chilled.