- Preheat over to 450 degrees F.
- Peel eggplant (or leave peel on) and slice 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- If time allows, sprinkle eggplant slices lightly with coarse salt and place in a colander for at least half an hour or longer to lose moisture.
- Remove from colander and dry off on paper towel.
- Place a sheet of tin foil on a cookie sheet or tray.
- Brush surface lightly with olive oil (a pastry brush is perfect).
- Put the olive oil in a small bowl or cup and dip the brush in it
- Preheat the pan with the oiled tin foil then
- Brush both sides of eggplant with olive oil
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or till lightly browned.
- Remove and use in recipe according to directions